Past tragedies haunt!

Into Thin Eire (John Pickett Mysteries #9) by Sheri Cobb South      


How I love John Pickett mysteries. John receives a singular honor and his home front is put in jeopardy. Following John's journey is such a pleasure. (BTW, I must thank my Goodreads friend Barbara Rogers for initially drawing this series to my attention!) In this volume John travels to the West Country with his nemesis Harry Carson in response to a request for assistance from John and another Bow Street officer.
Julia, John's beloved and charming wife, is abducted whilst he's away. The past has come back to haunt them both. John enlists the help of his brother-in-law Major James Pennington, late of His Majesty’s 7th cavalry. Together with Thomas his valet and Carson they follow what leads they can. A trail that will send them to Ireland and into a case from the past that still troubles John.
I really enjoy the relationship between John and Julia, I enjoy John's doggedness and insecurities. I enjoy his exasperation with Harry Carson. I love his down to earth good sense. Julia is his perfect foil. Another pleasurable read.

A Sonatina Press/Xpresso Book Tours ARC via NetGalley

****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things aren’t as they seem!

Women in war—Internment by the Japanese 1942-45.

Darkness and passion in 1750's Venice.