Never lost in translation.

Top 10 Tokyo (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide, 2019)        


What can one say. Of course we all have our fav travel guides. The big ones that gave us places to stay, what to buy, what to see, maps etc. No self respecting backpacker leaves home without one or two. And yes I know the Internet knows all, but during my more mature years I've always bought the DK swag. Why? Because I love the color productions, the organization, the mini maps that you can carry unobtrusively and the lushness of them.
I use them way long after any trip as reminders, travelogues of where I've been and occasionally as dreaming tools of where I might be next heading.
This updated 2019 version of top 10 places to visit in Tokyo is informative and a pleasure to look through.
Its organizational themes are helpful enabling you to approach your sightseeing by interests e.g. temples, galleries etc., or by areas.
Once again a great DK production.

A NetGalley ARC

*****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things aren’t as they seem!

Women in war—Internment by the Japanese 1942-45.

A sparkling ride!