... journey to nowhere

The Passenger by Lisa Lutz


I actually found myself not as invested in this story as I had hoped. Obviously others were absolutely delighted by it. Such a personal thing, what appeals, but I am a little over Thelma and/or Louise type stories. Blue is a character that I don't like and don't trust. But then Jo (the identity the mysterious Ryan communicates with) really has no choice. There is a heap of layers within layers hidden here but the sameness of the various small towns that Jo sheltered in leached a dreariness into the very soul of the story.
Events certainly moved quickly and the situations Jo found herself in were unimaginable.
I sort of had things figured out by the time we were a chapter into the last identity's story. The multiplicity of identities is gruelling. I was exhausted and so was the central character. Just for the record, I liked Domonic--a lot. He pushed the stars to 3.

A NetGalley ARC

***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things aren’t as they seem!

Women in war—Internment by the Japanese 1942-45.

Unusual thriller!