'Miss Arabella Beckett had always been proud of the fact that she'd never ended up in jail'



An eyebrow raising opening line that grabbed my interest From the start. Questions blossomed and I hadn't even left that opening shot, fired as it were over my readerly bow!
Great internal dialogue enlightens and reveals the quirky character of one Miss Beckett, general fixer of problems and suffragette extraordinaire.    
Arabella seems to have a decidedly interesting relationship with God and I was amused by
her brief, but to-the-point, somewhat understated prayers for help in the  positions she finds herself.
Enter the enigmatic detective Mr Theodore Wilder--and watch the sparks fly.
Add in the search for a group of criminals who are luring young women into prostitution and all the makings of a good story are present.
 This is my first reading of a work by Jen Turano and she is definitely going my list of author's to pursue.
A fun read.

A NetGalley ARC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things aren’t as they seem!

Women in war—Internment by the Japanese 1942-45.

Unusual thriller!